Sunday 8 April 2012

Yellow fun at Vaal Streams



On saturday two angling buddies and I headed out bright and early to Vaal Streams for day of yellow fun. Soon after ariving we were kitted up and on the water. It was not long before I felt the unmistakeble little tug, and soon afterwards I had my first yellow of the day netted. A beautifull little specimin of about 700g. It took a PTN on the point of my NZ Rig.


We then headed for some deeper pools hoping to have some luck on dry fly. The wind had picked up by then making the job rather challenging. Unfortunately we had no luck there and decided to retire back to the bank for some grub.


After lunch we headed back into the rapids looking for prime areas we had not fished in the morning. It was not long before I found a nice pool at the base of a rapid. I soon had a strike but missed. On the next cast I had another strike and this time he was not getting away. After a decent fight a managed to net my second little yellow for the day. Another beautifull specimin of abot 700g. This one took on the control fly. A size 10 Copper John! Little fish with a big appetite it would seem.


All in all another awesome day spent out on the river Vaal!
Once again thanks to Isaac for an amazing venue, and really making us feel welcome on his property.

1 comment:

  1. Hey awesome stuff Ralphie.. welcome to the world of blogging. Am running 13 at the moment! njoy the fishing; will see you overhead some day!

    ReplyDelete